AFGHAN PROVERBS AND SAYINGS
ضرب المثل های دری افغانستان
د افغانستان پښتو متلونه
- WINNER OF 12 INTERNATIONAL BOOK AWARDS
- MWSA 2016 SILVER MEDAL -
- NEXTGEN INDIE BOOK AWARDS 2016 FINALIST -
- READERS' FAVORITE 2015 BRONZE MEDAL -
- INTERNATIONAL BOOK AWARDS 2015 FINALIST -
- IBPA BENJAMIN FRANKLIN 2015 SILVER MEDAL -
- BEVERLY HILLS BOOK AWARDS 2015 WINNER -
- LONDON BOOK FESTIVAL 2014 WINNER -
- USA BEST BOOKS 2014 FINALIST -
- READERS' FAVORITE 2014 AWARD WINNER -
- IPPY 2014 BRONZE MEDAL -
- WRITER'S DIGEST 2013 1st PRIZE -
- MWSA 2013 GOLD MEDAL -
AFGHAN-AMERICAN CLASSICAL RABAB MASTER
Watching the fingers of a world-class rabab artist fly across the instrument’s goatskin face is like crossing a sonic bridge over 2500 years old. In the right hands, the sound of a rabab is as delicate as a birdsong and as powerfully sensual as a summer thunderstorm.
The rabab is mentioned in countless works of Sufi poetry. A good one is an object of beauty and elegance, crafted from the finest wood of native Afghan mulberry trees.
Most Westerners don’t know what a rabab is yet. But if Qais Essar has his way, they will know soon.
When people first hear the sounds of a rabab played by Afghan master musician Essar for the first time, they never forget it - and music critics across the world agree. They are saying that Essar builds musical bridges better than any rabab master in history with his July 2014 album The Green Language, now available on Amazon, iTunes, and wherever quality music is sold.... (more)
AFGHAN CELEBRITY AND THOUGHT LEADER INTERVIEWS
with Edward Zellem
Read Qais Essar's exclusive interview with Edward Zellem
"Afghan Rabab Artist Qais Essar: An Ancient Instrument
Plays The Green Language."